The big Tuesday night event is going to be a little different...
1. Wear what you like, but be masked, gorgeous and mysterious in your finest ball frock or you may come elegantly casual. There will be food and dancing as well as lots of talking so it might be best to stay away from the full face Venetian-style type mask. Think 'feathery'. Think 'fascinating'. Think ‘mask that you hold’ (if you want to be only mildly mysterious).
2. There will be relaxed seating and leaners but no formal dining tables. Everyone who's ever been to a LIANZA conference dinner knows that as soon as the music starts up there is hardly anyone left at the table. This year we're ditching the tables. You will be able to mix and mingle or lounge around on ottomans and couches and for those who prefer to stand, bar-leaner style tables will be on hand. Food and drink will be tray served and also available from food stations and the bar. Think 'extended cocktail party' with plenty of food and drink and entertainment.
3. The entertainment. There will be a couple of surprises throughout the night but the main dance band is ‘Betty-Anne Monga and Friends’. A five piece band with live musicians and a set list of songs with a mellow groove through to up-tempo-hit-the-dance-floor numbers, but…
4. You don't always have to listen to the music. There always comes a time during any party, no matter how exciting, when a bit of peace and quiet is just the ticket. We're providing a chill-out zone outside the main area in the promenade. Congregate out here for important business discussions or catch-up time with colleagues.
5. After party. After half past midnight or so you may want to party on in SkyCity Bar 3, open till 1.30am and afterwards perhaps check out the viaduct?
Poropitia Masquerade Ball
Date: Tuesday 4 November
1930-2000-MC and Entertainment
2000-2100-Food stations begin
2045-Band begins-3 sets throughout the night or relax in the promenade chill-out zone
2130 Dessert station begins
1200 Midnight surprise
Venue: New Zealand Room, SkyCity Convention Centre