Calling school and tertiary librarians, and all libraries ... serving older people, younger people. What are the trends?
Mark McCrindle's keynote:
Changing Times, Emerging Trends- Understanding Today’s Learners
The future of education is shaped not just by the technological changes but also by the sociological changes. Indeed an understanding of the learning styles, attitudes, and expectations of the 21st Century students is critical to effectively educate today’s learners. This session will outline the changes impacting upon this global generation.
- From Boomers and Xers, to Generations Y & Z: understanding the changes in the NZ demographics, characteristics, and aspirations.
- The big social & demographic shifts redefining 21st Century New Zealand.
- Understanding the attitudes & values of today’s students.
- Strategies to communicate & connect with the emerging generations.
- The impacts of an ageing population & changing social structures.